Sunday 9 March 2014

13 hilarious attitudes of MNC’s in India...and those who work in them.


13 hilarious attitudes of MNC’s in India...and those who work in them.

I had no plans of posting this one. On Friday night (7 March), at the ex-Microsofties party in Gurgaon, Sukhesh Madaan asked me if I was still blogging. I said I had stopped because I didn’t think anyone was reading my blogs. He said he loved one of them, so I promised I’d push this one out too.

If you’re searching for what will make a certain breed of MNC’s successful in India, then you should look elsewhere. Perhaps read about how to conquer the chaos, though you would do well to research the endeavour. This BLOG is about what AILS them.

I don’t want to name companies in my musings. After all, I know only a bit about some of them. But having spent 20+ years in a few, and coached senior executives or consulted with them in others, I became convinced it wasn’t a problem with my alma mater alone.

Some ripe ones are (not in any particular order, and not comprehensive by any means)
  1. No great idea makes it to execution – we’re abundantly cautious over taking risks.
  2. All our energy is spent telling people why it won’t work, not how it will.
  3. We reward risk takers.
  4. Fire fighting is our company’s most important goal.
  5. Our most absurd traditions are justified as “the company way...”
  6. We drive looking in the rear view, not through the windshield. We review.. & review again.
  7. We are hopeless at changing ourselves, but you are useless if you can’t.
  8. We never need help because we’re smarter than everyone else.
  9. We don’t know what we want, and we don’t like what we get.
  10. Our sense of entitlement always exceeds our sense of accountability.
  11. Mine is bigger than yours. Just name it - Company, home, car, team, bank balance...
  12. We have a bell curve for everything, and we use it to legitimize anything.
  13. Vacuousness is fine as long as the language is smooth and shiny

Hope you enjoy this!

No comments:

Post a Comment